CLAY, N.Y. -- A two-family home in Onondaga County is a complete loss after it was destroyed by a fire. It started just before 5:30 p.m. Wednesday on Wetzel Road in Clay.
Deputies say the lower apartment resident was home at the time. Tammy Babb, 41, was able to get out and called 9-1-1. She's being treated for smoke inhalation at St. Joseph's Hospital.
It took crews about 20 minutes to get the fire under control. Officials believe it started in a kitchen. The Red Cross is assisting the people who were displaced.